HR and Benefits Assistant
- - Benefits
- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA
- Full Time
The employee HR and Benefits Assistant position works with employees regarding onboarding, the learning management system, benefits enrollment and questions, maintains employee database and files.
- Assist with new employee onboarding and orientation.
- Conduct benefits orientations and assist employees with the benefits portal.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Assist manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Assist manager in completing human resources and benefits reporting requirements.
- Update applicant tracking system, onboarding portal and benefits portal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Two years of experience in human resources and employee benefits administration.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations is a plus.
The Intelligent Companies, Inc. https://tic.myintelligenthr.com